1. Begin by laying face down on a mat with your arms bent underneath your shoulders.
2. Press your toes into the ground and raise your body up so you are balancing over your arms.
3. Make sure your back is straight, your neck is in a neutral position, and your shoulders are aligned over your elbows.
4. Raise one leg and hold for 5 seconds, then lower and raise the other leg for 5 seconds.
5. As you hold the plank position you should feel a strong contraction in your core and as you raise your legs you will feel a strong contraction in your gluteals and hamstrings.
6. Repeat 5 times on each side.
Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Ut sollicitudin felis urna, a pulvinar ante placerat nec. Aliquam viverra lacus eu maximus fermentum. Etiam convallis est quis lectus.